Real Food Travel Snacks (That Don't Need To Be Refrigerated)
In my quest to bring all of you the most tasty and nutritious summer vacation to date, here are a few more vacation snack ideas.
3. Protein Bars
4. Single serving yogurt, Coconut Milk Yogurt, Almond Milk Yogurt, Flax Milk Yogurt, Cashew Milk Yogurt, Hemp Milk Yogurt or Soy Yogurt. Ok, these kinda need to be kept cool, but you can easily pack a cooler with ice for your road trip. Mix with Organic Powdered Peanut Butter, protein powder, nuts/seeds, berries, etc.
5. Trail mix packs (home made or Eden Foods organic brand)
7. Artisana Organic Raw Coconut Butter single serving packs. This is essentially pureed coconut meat and will keep you full with a very small serving. Use just as you would a nut butter.
8. Betty Lou's Just Great Stuff Brand Organic Powdered Peanut Butter Awesome for mixing in yogurt or mixing with water for a low calorie topping.
9. A great breakfast trick is to portion oats into ziplock bags mixed with protein powder and freeze-dried fruits (or try Nature's Path individual Oat packs). When you get to your hotel or vacation site, simply pour into a cup and add hot water from the coffee maker!
10. Rice cakes
12. Sweet potato chips
13. Veggies, whole fruit or freeze-dried fruits (berries, apples, bananas, bell pepper strips, cherry tomatoes)
14. Glass Bottled water (or stainless steel containers)
17. Go Raw Chips and Go Raw Bars, perfect for anyone who enjoys a crunchy snack!
19. Organic tea, Single serving Organic Instant Coffee
20. Nativa's Natural Power Snacks. I have no words for how delicious these date/nut/seed chunks of pure delight are. They are a vacation onto themselves :)
Now I want to hear from you. What are YOUR favorite vacation snacks?