High Protein Cold Summer Recipes
Protein "Ice Cream"
3-4 frozen cauliflower florets
1/2 cup frozen zucchini, chopped
1. Chop and freeze zucchini chunks and cauliflower florets.
2. Blend frozen chunks with 1 scoop flavored plant protein powder and about 1/2 cup plant milk to thin (use less liquid more liquid if you want a shake, less liquid if you want an ice cream like consistency)
As long as your protein powder is flavored, I promise you WONT taste any cauliflower or zucchini.
I've made this several times and it so hits the spot on these hot days!
I currently use True Nutrition plant protein powders as you can customize your protein and flavor strength and they are priced very economical
Cold Summer Protein Pasta
1/2 package Chickpea noodles (feel free to add whole wheat noodles as well)
Raw veg (broccoli, red & green bell pepper, cucumber, black olives)
Top with an Italian vinaigrette (or your favorite vinaigrette)
Macros: Protein 33g, Carbs 90g, Fat 21g
High Protein Cold Summer Pea Salad
Two variations here:
1. Chickpea noodles, green peas, daiya cheese chunks (optional) and non-dairy yogurt for a creamy dressing
Macros (without cheese): Protein 23g, Carbs 72g, Fat 9g
2. Not as healthy- Green peas, daiya cheese chunks and vegan mayo
1/2 cup Pepitas (raw pumpkin seeds)
2 Tablespoons Raw Cashews
1 Tablespoon Raw Apple Cider vinegar (such as Bragg brand)
1 Tablespoon Mustard
salt/pepper to taste
Directions: Blend all ingredients; add water as needed.
2 celery stalks, chopped
1/2 cucumber, chopped
1/4 cup red grapes, sliced in half
Serve in a lettuce wrap
Macros: Protein 16g, Carbs 40g, Fat 28g
* VEGAN MACRO COACHING
* Macro Coaching + 6-Week Gym Training
* TAKE THE 30 DAY VEGAN FITNESS CHALLENGE